Thursday, May 15, 2014

107 Continues to Grow

Wow! A sheathed roof and windows. One of the first construction jobs I has while In was in college was sheathing houses in Long Island. A bunch of us got together a crew and hired out to the many building projects that were all over LI. My first job was lugging 4 x 8" plywood sheets up a ladder onto a roof. My hands were cut to ribbons that first day but I soon graduated to the nailer and wandered around roofs, without safety harness (they didn't exist in my day) that were pretty steep.



Here you can see a sheathed roof and windows. 

My Efforts At Trying To Take a Decent Picture

Being retired and having money to spare I am trying to become a photographer. All this started out when Granddaughter Ayla asked me to take pictures of her soccer team. Granddaughter's wishes are my commands - so I began. I must say, being totally unfamiliar with the expensive camera I bought and happily setting it to automatic I managed to get some pretty OK pictures of the kids on the teams. And. of course, the parents loved them. After all, there were their kids so what picture isn't terrific.

This winter I took a six week course in digital photography over at the Art Center in Troy. The Instructor, Kathy Wright (YTK) was brilliant.  She took pity on me and lavished a lot of attention on me.  I can now tell that I have been doing a lot of things wrong. I even took a Photoshop class which was murder - a completely different language, but it did show me that I have a long way to go to take just one good photo.

It is clear that I have been spoiled, taking pictures of the Coxsakie-Athens soccer team in the late afternoon Fall light. Things became a whole lot more difficult last week when I was trying to take picturesd of Granddaughter Olivia's game in the bright noonday light. It is important that I solve this as I have committed to go down to Orlando this July to photograph a soccer tournament. I can just imagine what the intensity of the light will be down there in mid-summer.


I can Photoshop these around, but theu still look  - well -




No comments:

Post a Comment