Thursday, May 8, 2014

How I came to be Building a House

The thought of having an house built especially for me never entered my mind. Instead, I had become convinced that my nearly 80 years old legs and knees could no longer successfully manage my three story house so I set out looking for something all on one floor. So I reached out to Danny's sister, Christy, who is a very successful local real estate agent and set out looking for some thing in the local area.

Our search led us to a wreck of a house in Saratoga, a few places here in Albany, but she steered me towards some new building over in Rotterdam and in Guilderland. To my amazement, new built, bespoke houses were with in my financial grasp. I was pretty much set on something over in Guilderland, about 20 miles away, when I noticed that a new project was starting up just a quarter of a mile from where I live. My first thought was that it would be too expensive, as a similar project had houses in the $500,000 range. But, equipped with what Christie had shown me as we looked at bespoke houses I ventured in and to my utter delight that houses were in the same range as the ones I had thought of in Guilderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment